Nominate a LifeChanger
LifeChanger of the Year is an annual program that recognizes and rewards K-12 education professionals. LifeChangers must be K-12 educators, teachers, administrators or any member of a school’s staff who makes a positive difference in the lives of students. The LifeChanger of the Year Awards will be awarded without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Anyone – including administrators – can nominate up to three educators per academic year for LifeChanger of the Year. Students also are welcome to submit nominations, but need to have support of an adult if under the age of 18. Nominations for 2016-17 close at midnight on January 1st, 2017.
What Does It Mean to Be A LifeChanger?
LifeChanger of the Year wants to make sure every educator or school employee who is nominated knows how much they are appreciated. We honor every LifeChanger by doing the following:
- Each LifeChanger will have a unique profile built here on our website so that their story can be shared. Colleagues, students, friends and family – anyone who supports the nominee – can visit the profile and leave a positive comment.
- We share our LifeChangers’ profiles and stories on Facebook and Twitter.
- We send congratulatory posters to school administrators to help them celebrate the LifeChangers in their district.
- Each LifeChanger also receives a personalized certificate.
- We notify the local press about the amazing LifeChangers in their area.
Plus, each LifeChanger has a shot of being recognized as one of our Top 15 LifeChangers of the Year and is eligible for the LifeChanger Spirit Award – which also means a chance for they and their school to receive cash prizes.
What Does a Top 15 LifeChanger Look Like?
The national LifeChanger of the Year selection committee, which is comprised of past LifeChanger of the Year winners, reviews all nominations and selects 15 winners for each school year after nominations close.
Each award winner will be selected based on the following criteria:
- A proven ability to make a beneficial difference in the lives of students
- An ability to positively add to the development of the school’s atmosphere
- A leader in his or her activities at the school and/or district level
- A proven record of excellent performance at the professional level
- A commitment to producing a nurturing atmosphere
- Adherence to high moral and ethical standards
Learn about this past year’s winners here.
LifeChanger Spirit Award
The LifeChanger Spirit Award recognizes the community who shows the most spirit for their LifeChanger and rallies behind them to recognize their positive influence and leadership.
There are many ways to show your support for your LifeChanger. You can:
- Leave a comment on your LifeChanger’s profile and let them know why you appreciate them
- Share their profile on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram using #LCOY
- Hold a pep rally
- Congratulate them in a morning announcement
- Hang posters around your school campus
Whether you are celebrating with a pep rally or come up with your own creative way to show your LifeChanger spirit, make sure to post about it on social media and use #LCOY so we can see how you are recognizing the LifeChanger offline in your community!
National Life Group’s LifeChanger of the Year program was developed as a way to recognize and reward school employees who are making positive differences in the lives of their students and in their school communities. Nominees must meet the program’s criteria. We reserve the right to edit, amend, modify and/or delete any profile, comment or other content, or any link to profiles, comments or content on third party sites from LifeChangeroftheYear.com at our discretion without notifying the nominee.