Posting a supportive comment on your LifeChanger’s profile is a great way to tell them how much they mean to you. The comments are taken into consideration by the selection committee when determining winners. Additionally, the LifeChanger Spirit Award will be given to the nominee whose community demonstrates the most support for his or her nomination.
You can also help us honor your LifeChanger on social media. Start by following LifeChanger of the Year on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, or scroll down for more ideas on how to support your LifeChanger. Be sure to use the hashtag #LCOY so we can see you showing your spirit!
Share a story about your nominee with your friends and tell them why you think the nominee is a LifeChanger. Include a link to your LifeChanger’s profile and encourage your friends to leave a comment to support the nomination.
Mrs. Smith has a warm and welcoming smile that could calm even the most disruptive student. Over the course of the year I saw my child grow as a student and a person in her class. Now that she’s been nominated for a LifeChanger of the Year Award, she has the chance to be honored for all her efforts! Take a few minutes out of your day today and leave comment on her profile to recognize her for the great work that she does – the selection committee takes these into account so we can help her win the award! [link to your LifeChanger’s profile] #LCOY
Share your LifeChanger’s profile by tweeting a link to it using #LCOY – include a message about what makes the nominee a LifeChanger. Add a Vine if you’re bursting with creativity and show us what your LifeChanger means to you!
My son comes home every day talking about how much he learned in Mrs. Smith’s class! [link to your LifeChanger’s profile] @NLGroup_LCOY #LCOY
Take a picture with your LifeChanger and post it on Instagram, or record a quick video of yourself telling us how much the nominee means to you and how they have changed your life or that of your child.
Mrs. Smith greets me at school every morning with a huge smile! When I heard she had been nominated for the LifeChanger of the Year Award, I couldn’t think of a better teacher or person to receive it. Help her win the award by leaving a comment on her profile on lifechangeroftheyear.com! By doing so you’re showing the selection committee that her great work is recognized. Lets help her win this award! #LCOY @LifeChangeroftheYear
Go above and beyond to support for your LifeChanger! Here are some suggestions:
- Create a Pinterest board showing off your LifeChanger and some of the awesome things they've done in their community.
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper (customize the template on the right) and tell them about your LifeChanger and the amazing things they're doing to positively impact students and the school community. Or call a local reporter or tips line!
- Get in touch with your town administrator or other local community manager to discuss ways in which your town could support the nomination (on their website for example).
- Share the social media templates on the right with friends and family and encourage them to leave a comment on your LifeChanger’s profile and post on social media with #LCOY.
- Are you active in community or town hall meetings? Speak up about LifeChanger of the Year and share your LifeChanger’s story!
- Customize the poster provided on the right, print it and then post it on bulletin boards at local community centers and hubs. Post it electronically on your local Patch and other community forums.